Tuesday, May 26, 2020

MAVIS RIVERS & SHORTY ROGERS - Mavis Meets Shorty (1962-2014) RM / Japan Jazz Best Collection 1000 Series / FLAC (tracks), lossless


Features 24 bit remastering and comes with a mini-description. Mavis Rivers meets Shorty Rogers – and the result is a hell of a swinging session that may well be the greatest record ever from this overlooked vocalist! Shorty brings a groove into play right from the start – one that pushes Rivers past her sometimes-trilling style, and into a mode that's rock-solid and soulful all the way through – very much in the same spirit that Marty Paich or Oliver Nelson might bring to their own great arrangements for a singer.
Mavis has this way of keeping up with the groove while still being really expressive, especially in her vocal range – in that way that was the rising challenge of the 60s that only a handful of vocalists could do this well – very hip, mod, and adult. Titles include "Slightly Out Of Tune", "I Remember You", "When Sunny Gets Blue", "The Best Is Yet To Come", and "I Feel So Smoochie".
Tracklist:
1 - I Remember You
2 - You Brought A New Kind Of Love To Me
3 - When Sunny Gets Blue
4 - Nothing But The Best
5 - I Feel So Smoochie
6 - I'm Gonna Live Till I Die
7 - The Best Is Yet To Come
8 - I've Got You Under My Skin
9 - Slightly Out Of Tune (Desafinado)
10 - My Shining Hour
11 - By Myself
12 - Get Out Of Town
Personnel:
Shorty Rogers - trumpet
Mavis Rivers - vocal
Orchestra Arranged & Conducted by Chuck Sagle

1 comment:

  1. https://nitroflare.com/view/383062E12BFBF00/Mavis_Rivers_%26_Shorty_Rogers_-_Mavis_Meets_Shorty_%281962-2014%291.rar
    https://nitroflare.com/view/2592615822C0E93/Mavis_Rivers_%26_Shorty_Rogers_-_Mavis_Meets_Shorty_%281962-2014%292.rar

    ReplyDelete