Wednesday, May 20, 2020

RUTH PRICE - My Name Is Ruth Price I Sing! (1955-2010) FLAC (tracks), lossless


A talented singer whose wide expressive qualities do justice to any lyrics that she chooses to interpret, Ruth Price has made relatively few recordings throughout her career. Originally a dancer, she attended ballet school in 1952. However, by 1954 she was singing with Charlie Ventura and, after freelancing in Philadelphia, she worked as a singer and dancer in New York. Price moved to Hollywood in 1957, recorded a fine album with Shelly Manne (which has been reissued in the Original Jazz Classics series), but did not cut her second album as a leader until 1983 (for ITI). She toured with Harry James (1964-1965), but in the '90s became best known for running one of Los Angeles' top jazz clubs, the Jazz Bakery. by Scott Yanow 
Tracklist:
1 My Shining Hour
2 Ev'ry Time
3 Calypso Blues
4 I Don't Want To Walk
5 Who Am I?
6 Gentleman Friend
7 I'm Old Fashioned
8 Give Me The Simple Life
9 Sleighride In July
10 Shadrack
11 Someday My Prince Will Come
12 Exactly Like You
 Tracks FLAC [9.0]
Credits:
Arranged By – Manny Albam
Bass – Milt Hinton
Drum – Ellis Tollin
Guitar – Tony Mottola
Piano, Arranged By – Lou Stein
Tenor Saxophone – Frank Wess
Trumpet – Joe Newman
Vocals – Ruth Price

1 comment:

  1. https://nitroflare.com/view/6FD10D740F4DA29/Ruth_Price_-_My_Name_Is_Ruth_Price._I_Sing%21__FLAC_9.0_.rar

    ReplyDelete