Friday, June 26, 2020

ANN RICHARDS - I'm Shooting High (1958-1991) FLAC (tracks), lossless


Ann Richards, only in her early twenties at the time, had already sung with Charlie Barnet and would always be closely associated with Stan Kenton (whom she married and later divorced). Her life was short, but she did record a few albums as a leader, including this one, her debut. Backed by an unidentified big band conducted by Brian Farnon and arranged by Warren Barker, Richards displays an appealing voice and a swinging style. She was best at this point on upbeat material, so the highlights include "I'm Shooting High," "Poor Little Rich Girl" and "Will You Still Be Mine." by Scott Yanow
Tracklist:
1 I'm Shooting High 1:33
Ted Koehler / Jimmy McHugh
2 Moanin' Low 2:51
Howard Dietz / Ralph Rainger
3 Nightingale 2:39
George Rosner
4 Blues in My Heart 3:33
Benny Carter / Irving Mills
5 I've Got to Pass Your House to Get to My House 2:46
Lew Brown
6 Deep Night 2:39
Charles Henderson / Rudy Vallée
7 Poor Little Rich Girl 2:20
L. Brown
8 Should I? 3:02
Nacio Herb Brown / Arthur Freed
9 I'm in the Market for You 2:05
James F. Hanley / Joseph McCarthy
10 Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder 2:26
Ann Richards
11 Lullaby of Broadway 3:02
Al Dubin / Harry Warren
12 Will You Still Be Mine? 2:05
Tom Adair / Matt Dennis
Credits:
Arranged By, Orchestrated By – Warren Barker
Conductor – Brian Farnon
Vocals – Ann Richards

1 comment:

  1. https://nitroflare.com/view/BF5FB934FCAFE7F/Ann_Richards_-_I%27m_Shooting_High__1958-1991_FLAC_.rar

    ReplyDelete