Sunday, April 10, 2022

HELEN CARR - Why Do I Love You (1955-1995) RM / MONO / FLAC (tracks+.cue), lossless

The title Why Do I Love You speaks volumes about the emotional context of Helen Carr's approach -- equal parts heartbreak, frustration, and resignation, her tough but tender vocals capture the dark side of romance at its most affecting. This Bethlehem session features backing from the likes of Red Mitchell, Howard Roberts, and Cappy Lewis, and their nuanced contributions further underscore the intimacy of Carr's performance. The song selection is also excellent, forgoing overworked standards in favor of more apropos material like "Lonely Street," "My Kind of Trouble Is You," and "Then You've Never Been Blue."  by Jason Ankeny 

Tracklist :
1  Be Careful It's My Heart 1:58
Irving Berlin
2  My Kind Of Trouble Is You 3:58
Benny Carter
3  Lonely Street 2:23
Helen Carr / Paul Villepigue
4     Symphony 2:25
Alex Alstone / Jack Lawrence
5  You're Getting To Be A Habit With Me 2:25
Al Dubin / Harry Warren
6  Bye Bye Baby 3:38
Leo Robin / Jule Styne
7  Then You've Never Been Blue 2:29
Sam M. Lewis / Ted Fio Rito / Joe Young
8  Summer Night 2:23
Al Dubin / Harry Warren
9  Got A Date With An Angel 3:44
Clifford Grey / Sonny Miller / Thomas Tunbridge / Fats Waller
10  Why Do I Love You 2:40
Oscar Hammerstein II / Jerome Kern
11  Do I Worry 2:30
Stanley Cowan / Bobby Worth
12  I've Got A Feelin' You're Foolin' 2:03
Nacio Herb Brown / Arthur Freed
Credits :
Acoustic Bass – Red Mitchell
Guitar – Howard Roberts
Lead Vocals – Helen Carr
Trumpet – Cappy Lewis

1 comment:

  1. https://nitro.download/view/F2BDBFC7FE4ABC2/Helen_Carr_-_Why_Do_I_Love_You__1955-1995%2C_COCY-78648_Bethelehem-Japan__FLAC.rar

    ReplyDelete