Saturday, April 9, 2022

RUTH PRICE, THE NORMAN PARIS TRIO & QUINTET - The Party's Over (1957) lp / MONO / FLAC (tracks), lossless

The aptly titled The Party's Over documents that moment in time when the conversation ends, the liquor runs dry, and the guests have all gone home. A contemplative, beautifully melancholy record, it captures a side of Ruth Price largely absent from her other LPs, paring her music to the essence of its being. Price favors a slightly breathy vocal approach that eloquently underscores the deeply personal intensity of songs like "By Myself," "If I Love Again," and "I Guess I'll Have to Dream the Rest." Norman Paris' small-combo arrangements are no less thoughtful: while the jazzy, piano-trio settings strip away unnecessary augmentation, the music is far from black-and-white -- splashes of instrumental color buoy Price's vocals at all the right moments. by Jason Ankeny
Side 1 :
1    By Myself
Dietz / Schwartz
2    Street Of Dreams
Lewis / Young
3    If I Love Again
Murray / Oakland
4    (I'm Afraid) The Masquerade Is Over
Magldson / Wrubel
5    I Had The Craziest Dream
Gordon / Warren
6    Bye And Bye
Rodgers / Hart
Side 2
1    You Stepped Out Of A Dream
Khan / Brown
2    Take My Love
Wolf / Herron / Sinatra
3    I Am The Girl
James Shelton
4    Something To Remember You By
Dietz / Schwartz
5    The Party's Over
Green / Comden / Styne
6    I Guess I'll Have To Dream The Rest
Stoner / Block / Green
Credits :
Vocals – Ruth Price
Accompanied By – The Norman Paris Trio & Quintet

1 comment:

  1. https://nitro.download/view/A7FDD5D875B7632/Ruth_Price_-_The_Party%27s_Over__lp-1957__FLAC.rar

    ReplyDelete