Wednesday, November 16, 2022

NINA SIMONE - My Baby Just Cares for Me (Live at Ronnie Scott's) (1984-1993) FLAC (tracks+.cue), lossless

This CD gives listeners a typical Nina Simone live performance from the mid-1980s. But what is typical for the singer/pianist/social commentator would be extraordinary for most other performers. Before an adoring audience, Simone (who is accompanied by drummer Paul Robinson) performs such numbers as "Be My Husband," "I Loves You Porgy," "The Other Woman," "Mississippi Goddam" and (as her encore) "My Baby Just Cares for Me." Even with songs she has performed countless times before, these renditions sound quite fresh and relevant. Nina Simone, because she is a unique performer, is an acquired taste; her fans will definitely want this set. Scott Yanow
Tracklist :
1     God, God, God 9:10
Nina Simone   
2     Just in Time 3:25
Betty Comden / Adolph Green / Jule Styne
3     Let It Be Me 4:52
Gilbert Bécaud / Manny Curtis / Pierre Delanoë
4     The Other Woman 4:53
Jessie Mae Robinson / Nina Simone   
5     I Got Life 6:56
Galt MacDermot / James Rado / Gerome Ragni
6     If You Only Knew 3:27
Nina Simone   
7     To Be Young, Gifted and Black 2:51
Weldon Irvine / Nina Simone   
8     Moon Over Alabama/Mississippi Goddam 7:20
Bertolt Brecht / Nina Simone / Kurt Weill
9     Because/My Father's Dream 9:42
Judy Collins
10     Let No One Deceive You 4:51
Bertolt Brecht / Kurt Weill   
11     American Pie 1:11
Don McLean   
12     I Sing Just to Know That I'm Alive 2:56
Nina Simone
Credits :
Drums – Paul Robinson
Vocals, Piano – Nina Simone

1 comment:

  1. https://nitroflare.com/view/C04362B271A26F0/Nina_Simone_-_My_Baby_Just_Cares_For_Me;_Live_At_Ronnie_Scott's_(1984
    _Castle_CLACD_331)_FLAC.rar

    ReplyDelete