Tuesday, February 28, 2023

DIONNE WARWICK - Here I Am (1965-2013) RM | Serie : Burt Bacharach 85th Birth Anniversary & Dionne Warwick Debut 50th Anniversary | FLAC (image+.cue), lossless

Dionne Warwick's early- to mid-'60s Scepter Records catalog stands as some of her finest and most prolific work in conjunction with the songwriting team of Burt Bacharach and Hal David. By the time of Here I Am in 1966, the superhuman nature of the trio's relationship had resulted in five long-players in three years, not counting soundtracks and live albums, which would bring the total to seven during the same time. Although some of their most successful collaborations were still ahead of them, the marriage of the duo's well-crafted and distinct pop songs with Warwick's light, supple vocals again resulted in several masterpieces. "Are You There (With Another Girl)," "Window Wishing," "Don't Go Breaking My Heart," and "Long Day, Short Night" are but a few of the hits and listener favorites on this album. In addition to the eight Bacharach/David pieces, Warwick truly demonstrates her versatility as an interpreter on the inimitable cover of the Gershwin standard "I Loves You, Porgy." Her voice conveys the noir tale with haunting resonance. In direct contrast is the joyous "This Little Light," which furthers the evidence supporting her skills as a performer and features Warwick's solo piano accompaniment. Lindsay Planer  
Tracklist :
1    In Between The Heartaches
2    Here I Am
3    If I Ever Make You Cry
4    (Here I Go Again) Lookin' With My Eyes
5    Once In A Lifetime
6    This Little Light
7    Don't Go Breaking My Heart
8    Window Wishing
9    Long Day, Short Night
10    Are You There (With Another Girl)
11    How Can I Hurt You?
12    I Love You Porgy
13    In Between The Heartaches
14    Here I Am
15    If I Ever Make You Cry
16    (Here I Go Again) Lookin' With My Eyes
17    Once In A Lifetime
18    This Little Light
19    Don't Go Breaking My Heart
20    Window Wishing
21    Long Day, Short Night
22    Are You There (With Another Girl)
23    How Can I Hurt You?
24    I Loves You Porgy
Notas.
Tracks 1-12 Stereo
Tracks 13-24 Mono

1 comment:

  1. https://nitroflare.com/view/B2F9065E86E7763/Dionne_Warwick_-_Here_I_Am_(1965-2013
    _Rhino_Records_–_WPCR-15075)_FLAC.rar

    ReplyDelete