Friday, April 21, 2023

ETTA JAMES – Call My Name (1966-2011) MONO | FLAC (tracks+.cue), lossless

Call My Name made for a reasonably strong 1967 soul LP by the standards of most soul singers. It just wasn't one of the standouts in the career of Etta James, given the very high standards she set with her best work. It's certainly OK, but it's tilted toward her more aggressive side, with brassy arrangements and without some of the smoldering ballads that were also highlights of her work. As it also features just one R&B hit, "I Prefer You," it might be something more for serious fans than for general soul or James admirers. Co-producer Monk Higgins has a big hand in the songwriting, co-writing the majority of the tunes, including a couple of the bluesier highlights, "Nobody Loves Me" and "It Must Be Your Love." A couple of covers of familiar classics, "You Are My Sunshine" and Curtis Mayfield's "It's All Right," seem a bit like filler. It's certainly a mixed bag of tunes. Richie Unterberger
Tracklist :
1    Happiness 2:49
Written-By – Maurice Dollison, Vee Pea Smith
2    That's All I Want From You 2:46
Written-By – Fritz Rotter
3    Have Faith In Me 2:42
Written-By – Joyce Wrencher, Monk Higgins
4    I'm So Glad (I Found Love In You) 3:04
Written-By – Maurice Dollison, Vee Pea Smith
5    You Are My Sunshine 2:38
Written-By – Jimmie Davis
6    It Must Be Your Love 2:57
Written-By – Billy Foster, Chuck Bernard, Monk Higgins, Maurice Dollison
7    842-3089 (Call My Name) 2:59
Written-By – Billy Foster, Monk Higgins, Maurice Dollison
8    Don't Pick Me For Your Fool 2:31
Written-By – Billy Foster, Monk Higgins, Maurice Dollison
9    I Prefer You 3:03
Written-By – Billy Foster, Monk Higgins
10    Nobody Loves Me 2:45
Written-By – Joyce Wrencher, Monk Higgins
11    It's All Right 2:37
Written-By – Curtis Mayfield
12    Nobody Like You 2:51
Written-By – Monk Higgins, Maurice Dollison
13    Do Right Woman, Do Right Man 2:57
Written-By – Chips Moman, Dan Penn
14    I Got You Babe 2:25
Written-By – Sonny Bono
15    You Took It    2:35
Unknown
16    I Worship The Ground You Walk On 2:24
Written-By – Dan Penn, Spooner Oldham
17    I've Gone Too Far    2:19
Unknown
18    You Got It 2:24
Written-By – Don Covay
19    Misty 3:12
Written-By – Erroll Garner, Johnny Burke
20    Almost Persuaded 3:20
Written-By – Billy Sherrill, Glenn Sutton
21    Slow And Easy 3:17
Written-By – Earl Randle
22    The Soul Of A Man 3:13
Written-By – Oliver Sain
23    Light My Fire 2:50
Written-By – Jim Morrison, John Densmore, Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger
24    Miss Pitiful 2:21
Written-By – Otis Redding, Steve Cropper

1 comment:

  1. https://nitroflare.com/view/5C337ED4821038E/Etta_James_-_Call_my_Name_(1966-2011
    _Kent_Soul_–_CDKEND_360)_FLAC.rar

    ReplyDelete